29.4.08

curious....

today i was checking my etsy shop - and checked the section to see if anyone new said they 'hearted' my shop. um, nearly 50 people tagged my shop as a favorite on april 28th. 50 people on one day! and one necklace in particular has over 500 views more than any other item in the shop. now, i don't pretend to be a sleuth, but this hasn't happened before (at least not in my shop) and it leads me to believe that *something* must have happened on april 27th/28th - something to make that many people check-out my site. i didn't do anything (wish i had that power!) and i have been googling and trying everything i can think of to figure out what that might be, but i will admit that i remain clueless.... can anyone out there give me a clue? how is it that i couldn't know what it going on???????

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

well, firstly, congratulations! how very cool.
secondly, "somebody" must have tagged you as a favourite on a front page spread that i have seen on etsy - this would then feed people back to you. nice, hey! :)
kirsten @ assemblage.typepad.com

silvercocoon said...

yeah - i tried to look around for that, too. but a friend of mine was tagged and i believe he was given a notice that he was on the main page.... anyway - it is very nice!

sulu-design said...

Yes - congratulations! It must have been as Kirsten said, that your work was on the front page. That happened to me once before and I wasn't notified, except by a friend who just happened to see my piece posted there. I don't think etsy's got any official way of notifying sellers when they're featured. Good for you and your shop!