13.5.09

recent press discoveries

we have received a smattering of exciting press mentions in the last couple weeks. an image of my HIVE brooch was included in vita.mn's mention of the Walker Jewelry Mart as well as in a beautiful print-piece from the Walker that my sister-in-law (in duluth) discovered in her New York Times 2 saturdays ago!

my HIVE necklace was included on designmilk.com as part of her guest-curator role on etsy.com! she was asked to pick 15 things to feature that she felt were "inspiring, different, and brave" {i like her even more because she used a comma after different! -- something that i do but others have debated me on...}


i was also pictured with karin jacobson and adrienne grahn in the "face time" section of the start tribune on may3rd for the voltage show. i've always wondered who those people are and now i can say i was one of them!



and i finally got my hands on a bona-fide hard copy of Nordic Reach magazine - expecting to see the same picture from their web-version of my article .... and to my utter surprise, there i was - a full page of me, frizzy-haired, holding my marimekko umbrella in front of the Spoon and (old) Cherry! the article Finnish by Osmosis, is probably my favorite to date. it really touches on my roots both culturally and in terms of the roots my parents gave me.... as a mother, i now recognize how easily a child can be influenced and how hard it can be do a good a job of it.

on the architectural/interior design side of things, we've also been included in Metro magazine as one of 3 firms to watch for (nice!) and my son Silo's room is featured in the Roomology section of Minneapolis/St. Paul magazine. both of these are in the current, MAY, issues of each respective magazine.
we've updated the press section of our website. use the little arrows on the bottom left corner to navigate and if there is an article you want to read, click on the little PDF below the appropriate image and the article should be legible in the larger format.

1 comment:

painted fish studio said...

woot! love all of the great press you're getting.